Essential Email Marketing Tips
June 27th, 2011
Regardless of the size of your business or its particular goals, one of the best ways to stay in touch with your customers and enhance brand recognition is to send e-newsletters much like this one. For your e-newsletter campaign to be effective though, we suggest the following:
- Use a Branded Template – the template should be consistent with your website and your advertising too, thereby ingraining identity awareness
- Write Brief, Clear Copy – keep it short and simple and break copy up with headers…ideally stick to no more than 3 topics
- Include Imagery – a nice photograph that illustrates your point works wonders at engaging readers
- Track It – using a bulk email service like Mail Chimp that can ensure at least a 99% deliverability rate, as well as track open and click-though rates
Analyze & Refine
Stay informed about how successful your campaign is with customers.
- How many of them open and read the email?
- How many click on the e-mail’s links? Which links do they click on?
- When do people tend to open your e-mails?
- Which people open your emails on a regular basis? Which do not?
Awareness of these answers can help guide you to a new and improved e-newsletter approach, geared toward what your customers really want to see.
Can We Help You?
We design custom e-newsletter templates and provide ongoing e-newsletter campaigns and tracking reports, as described above. If you’d like to reach more customers through email, get in touch and tell us about your goals.